Friday, August 5, 2011

I dug two holes and was stood on

So I dug two holes at the Abundant water compound as part of landscaping activities that are underway. Unfortunately for me just as I started digging the sun came out from behind the grey could increasing the burnt temperature by about 5 degrees. So it didn't take long or the sweat to be dripping off my forehead. These were the first holes I have dug in some time and also the first time gardening for sometime. So what seems like an ordinary experience, was actually a satisfying achievement.

The day started as normal with the catchup on emails and and other errands before heading out to the compound. On the way we stopped to pick up lunch from the market. BBQ chicken giblets and pork sausages, with bread (without the ants) and stewed vege's. Simple but tasty.

At the compound I observed further to work of Abundant Water and the delicacies of working with Laos staff. Both Chantana and Noukam. Are committed workers and with a little coaching keep the show running on a day to day basis.

Riding back to Vientiene past the market, Sunny suggested we go have a massage to ease our tired muscles. He did this by first asking the question what is your pain threshold. This was the right question as a Laos massage is not for the light hearted. Using feet and all I was stretched, tenderized and beaten softly, such that it would be impossible to say that it hadn't done something.

The evening was spent watching (sleeping through) 'The good, the bad and the ugly' with Sunny and friends at his salubrious house.

The next day was spent in town, running errands and preparing to leave to luang prabang. The only event of note was the open mic night at a secret expat location away from the tourists. There I had the opportunity to express my talent to an appreciative but inattentive crowd. But that is the life of a performer.

So now the real journey begins as we start to find out how much $4000 can really buy you.

Ciao

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

I just couldn't let this one pass! Enjoy!!